On Friday, when I found out what happened with the download, I was frustrated, but I was resting in knowing that God was completely in control. They did another download this morning and Eva, the nurse practitioner, came by to talk to me while I was visiting the girls. Anna is having bradys that they are pretty sure can be attributed to reflux and Kate is having episodes of apnea, during which she forgets to breathe for about 20 seconds or so. Both are serious enough that they must remain in the hospital and Eva was not able to give me any sort of time frame for when they might be able to come home. I was able to hold my composure while she was there and while I talked with Staci afterwards, but as soon as I started to tell Phil, I broke down. Why are my babies still there? When will they be able to come home? I am trying so hard to stay strong and to fully trust in the Lord, but I have to admit that I am struggling. As grad classes start tomorrow, I am still working, and the girls are still in the NICU, I am overwhelmed.
I am continually praying for strength and peace in this situation that I know only God can provide...please pray for me too! I know that the Lord is sovereign and that He loves Kate and Anna even more than we do and that He has them in the palm of His hand.
When I came home after such a defeating day, I found this in the girls' room.
Isn't my sister Melissa amazing??? We saw something similar to this in a store about a week after the girls were born and she made one for me! She painted the whole thing free-hand on a blank canvas! Honestly...she is really talented!!!
This is just the reminder I needed that God made Kate and Anna exactly the way He wanted! He knew that they would be born early and He knows exactly how much time they will spend in the NICU. Thank you God for our two precious baby girls. Thank you that they are happy and healthy. Please help me to rest in the assurance that you know them completely and that you have them in the palm of your hand! I praise you because they are fearfully and wonderfully made. Lord, give me the strength to continue to push through the next days (or weeks) that they are in the hospital and peace knowing that YOU ARE IN CONTROL and that YOUR TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT.
I love you, Mare.
ReplyDeletePraying for strength for you right now!
ReplyDeletei love you!
Hang in there, sending arms full of hugs and lots of prayers. The longest period of time is behind you, xoxox I so wish I was close to help. Today's blog brought tears to my eyes however, a smile of joy for your strong words of faith. Love you all!!!!! A. Deb
ReplyDeleteI love you Mary! God is holding all four of you int he palm of His hand.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and remembering (and still living through) days like that. It's easy to ask the question "why?", but so much more joyful (and harder) to live in the sovereignty of God. My mother-in-law told me something when we were first going through everything with Leah - she said that she was praying for a miracle of healing for Leah and if not, then a miracle of grace for us to walk through this. That is what I am praying for you. His grace is sufficient for you! Love you bunches!!
ReplyDeleteRachael