After getting home from the hospital with Anna on Saturday afternoon, we all tried our hardest to keep the girls separated so that Kate didn't get sick. We all wore masks, and while I nursed Anna (and simultaneously pumped the other side), mom fed Kate a bottle. All seemed ok until Monday. Kate started acting lethargic and irritable, but at least she was still eating (unlike Anna, who had refused to eat while she was sick). I had a follow-up appointment with the pediatrician for Anna in the afternoon and decided I should take Kate in as well. While at the pediatrician, they took Kate's temperature three different times and each time it was normal. She did, however, test positive for RSV. Because of their Neutropenia, the doctor told me that if Kate started to run a fever, we should take her directly to the ER at Children's. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as we got home from the doctor, she seemed warm and had a fever of 101.5! Seriously?? Thankfully Mimi was still here, so she stayed with Anna, while Phil and I headed to CHOA. I informed the receptionist in the ER of her compromised immune system and they did an excellent job getting us into an exam room. After that....things didn't go as smoothly. After
7 HOURS (yes...that's correct) in the exam room, they confirmed that Kate was Neutropenic and that after consulting with the hematologist, they wanted to admit her and do some blood tests. We finally made it to a room at 2 am and were able to get to sleep around 3. Thankfully, there was no bacterial infection and she was released on Wednesday afternoon.
Please excuse the poor quality photos...in our haste to leave for the ER, we forgot our camera!
 |
| Kate getting her hearing screening...she didn't pass in her right ear :( |
Will you pray for us? We have an appointment with the Hematologist on April 17 to get the genetic test results for both the girls' blood work. Please pray as we wait. Pray that we won't grow anxious, but that we would rest in the
peace and
assurance of God's ever-abundant grace. Pray for the girls. That they would remain healthy and that we won't be visiting CHOA again any time soon! Pray for us as Mimi leaves tomorrow. I don't know how we would have gotten through the past weeks without her. She is a ROCK and an amazing SERVANT for CHRIST!
you didnt tell me that kate didnt pass! Of course I will PRAY! Praying for you all and our sweet little twinkies! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteAdd me to the list!!! I will help in any way I can... Kate passed the hearing at the hospital, rght??? I am so sorry you guys are being put through the ringer....Kids do make life exciting!! If the girls don't need to go for the test results in April, maybe I could watch them for you... Ill talk to you soon...
ReplyDelete