I had the whole week of Thanksgiving off of school (thanks to furlough days), so on Friday afternoon, we packed up the car and headed north to visit the Henry Gang! We drove until we were tired on Friday night, spent the night in Kentucky, and finished the drive on Saturday. The girls did pretty amazing! We had such a wonderful time and are so thankful for the time we got to spend with family! The only downside....most of us were sick the entire time:( When we arrived on Saturday, I had a pretty bad cold and Katie was just getting over one. I was sick until Tuesday and was finally feeling better, when I came down with a 24-hour stomach bug....YUCK! I felt a little bit better on Thanksgiving day, but still not 100%. Phil started getting sick (flu-like symptoms) on Thanksgiving night and was basically in bed from 7:00 that night until Saturday morning before we headed back home. All the while, Katie got sick too. Not an ideal way to spend the week with family, but at least we all got to be miserable together! Here are a few pictures of our week together!
Everyone's a helper!
They have a bounce house in the basement and the girls LOVED it!
The weather was fabulous and we were able to spend lots of time outside!
At the park...
Going for walks...
Visiting the DuPage Children's Museum!
Katie threw a FABULOUS birthday party for the girls! She made all of the decorations and the CUTEST butterfly cupcakes! A regular Martha Stewart if you ask me!!
We had an incredible week and we can't wait to visit again!! Thanks for having us!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
hey sis!!!
ReplyDeleteCant believe I am just now getting to these posts…i feel like my life is non-stop! LOVE the post! Love those stinking adorable little one year olds, and love you and phil a ton! thanks so much for driving all the way up here! we love you more than you know!
Ok I missed these posts also. So much fun. The only thing that would've made it better is if the BATUSICS were there!!
ReplyDelete