Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My First Baby Shower!

I am so blessed by God to have the family that I do!  They are absolutely incredible and I am so thankful that our girls will be born into such an amazing heritage!  Last weekend my sister's gave me the most beautiful baby shower down in Florida at mom & dad's house.  It was such a special time with family and friends.  The decorations and flowers were so beautiful, and since some of the decorations were pairs of clothing...I got to keep everything for Kate & Anna!

Since the shower was in Florida (and airlines charge an arm and a leg for bag fees these days!), Melissa and Katie decided to make it a gift card shower.  I was OVERWHELMED by the generosity of our friends and family!  What a blessing they have been for us as we purchase two of almost everything:)  Everyone brought one of their favorite childhood books too, so we have a ton of books to read to the girls...I can't wait!


Pepe Frye is one of the most special people in my life.  She was like a second mother to me growing up.  She is one of those people that you absolutely LOVE being around and spending time with.  She shared a sweet devotion about the gift of motherhood...what a sweet, sweet woman!
My Aunt Barbara also shared a cute poem about the amazing capabilities one must possess in order to be a mother:)
Look at all that PINK!

The hostesses!



Saturday was a day full of parties!  Once the shower was over, we headed to the Frye's to celebrate Taylor's first birthday...what a CUTIE PIE!!

Isn't she precious??

After all that partying...Allie needed a bath :)
With two older brothers, it's not very often she gets a quiet tub to herself!

As if two parties in one day weren't enough, we ended the night by celebrating our sweet dad's birthday. This is the sweetest, most loving, giving, precious man on earth...and I cannot wait for my girls to meet their Pop Pop!
If I wasn't 7 months pregnant with twins, I would loathe myself in these 
pictures...but I have to document the memories!



Happy Birthday, dad! You are more wonderful than words can say.

1 comment:

  1. HAve I seen these pics before?:) thanks mel for hooking us all up!

    ReplyDelete