For the past two weeks, this has been our life (make sure you watch the video!).
We tried Mylicon...ha! Yeah right! We got gas medicine from the pediatrician...another flop (and it made the girls spit up). We were all at our wit's end. The girls were screaming incessantly for hours each day (I'm talking like 12 hours a day...and I am not exaggerating) and we had tried everything we could think of including eliminating dairy. Finally, mom read about Dr. Sears' Elimination Diet to try and reduce colic. For two weeks, this is all I can eat. After that, I can add one food at a time every 4 days (off a specific list of foods).
| Plain chicken and rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, pears, squash, and zucchini |
I started on Monday and so far the girls have done MUCH better. We are crossing our fingers and praying A LOT. I think we may still have some "high needs" infants on our hands...but anything is better than before. I will hopefully be updating soon about some brand new babies:)
Oh my, wow!!!! That's all I can say :) Praying for all of you xoxo
ReplyDeletePRAYING this is the cure:) Hang in there mom, mare and phillio!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Mare - I'm praying a lot. I just started into a book by the crazy LLL people. It's mostly about nursing. I'll let you know if I find anything helpful. I'm so sorry!
ReplyDeleteeven though I know hearing them cry is no fun, they are so sweet...and such tiny little cries! (easy for me to say, right?).
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you're already doing this, but I found with Hudson (he was VERY colicky) that I had to swaddle him really tight 24/7. It was the ONLY thing that would calm him down.