"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
God's timing is always perfect....whether I agree or not! When my water broke on Black Friday, among the many emotions I felt, one was frustration. I was frustrated with myself because I thought that maybe if I had taken it a little easier, the girls wouldn't have come so early. I was frustrated with God because I had things all planned out, and this was NOT part of my plan! I knew exactly when I wanted to have my babies and how it would best work out for my maternity leave.
Over the course of my life, I feel as though God has been patiently trying to teach me that I AM NOT IN CONTROL! For those who know me...you understand why He is still trying to teach this to me! I like to plan and prepare and best of all, I like to be in control of the way things play out. I have seen God work in my life so many times and I have seen how Him always being in control has been a blessing in my life...you would think that after 28 years I would have learned that His plan is always perfect and better than anything I could plan for myself!
Today, the girls have been in the NICU for 5 weeks and 5 days and will likely be there for a bit longer. There are no major medical complications, they are just having "episodes" of bradycardia that we are waiting on them to hopefully grow out of. Needless to say, God's timing has been perfect. I took one week off of work after the girls were born and then went back to work to save my leave for when they came home. I figured that they would be home by now, but since they aren't I went back to work again today. This time it has been harder than before Christmas Break because I have been spending 6-8 hours at the hospital each day and nursing the girls while I am there and I MISS THEM SO MUCH! However, knowing that I will get to spend 12 weeks with them when they finally come home keeps me going. In fact, as usual, God's plan has worked out even better than I could have planned for myself! Since I am taking a leave of absence rather than maternity leave, holidays and days off of school don't count against me like they would if I was taking maternity leave. Also, since I will be working this week (and if the girls come home in the near future), I will not have to go back until after Spring Break, leaving only 6 weeks of school left at the end of the year!!!! As long as the girls are in the hospital, I will continue to work, knowing that I will still have 12 full weeks off and that there will be fewer days after my leave that I have to work.
God has used this experience mightily in my life in many ways and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I sure hope I learn this lesson He has been trying to teach me for the past 28 years pretty soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you! God is so good!
ReplyDeleteYou are a strong woman of faith!! I'm proud of you - and I look up to you!!! Praying for you lots!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am the anonymous post above :). Still can't figure out how to sign in with your blog. lol xoxox Aunt Deb
ReplyDeleteThis is incredible! i love you mare and cant imagine how much you miss them!!!
ReplyDelete