Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Visit with the Hematologist

Today we went to our second visit with the girls' hematologist.  We were very encouraged by their blood counts and by what the doctor had to say.  Anna's neutrophil count is up to 610 and Kate's is up to 800.  Both are above the 500 mark - which is the cutoff for severely neutropenic.  Although we still have to take them to the ER at Children's if they are running any sort of a fever, the doctor did clear us to go down to Florida in July and also said we can start attending church!  The very best news of the day was when he told us he is pretty sure that this is something they will grow out of after awhile!!  They will still have to be monitored by him every 6-8 weeks, but we are very hopeful that within the next 6 months or so, they will no longer be neutropenic!

As a side note, the girls were pretty much horendous at the doctor's office and I am so thankful that Melissa was there to help me...those little stinkers!

6 comments:

  1. What great news, thank you God! Will look forward to seeing you all in July. Can't wait to meet the girls. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so thankful! i love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome news! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying for a new post!! I guess I just need to call you :). SO THANKFUL FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!!!!! And I'm so excited that all the Munz clan will get to be together! Can't wait to see those posts on ya'lls blogs!!! Your babies are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was certainly a bitter sweet appointment :) hehe. Just kidding! Sweet bc of the good news, bitter because they're stinkers... Oh they weren't' that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh...Lis, were we at the same appointment?? Yes, they were that bad!!

    ReplyDelete